All Display Specs
Standard ads don’t always offer the impact needed to drive your creative message. Our custom units give you that ability to stand out and be seen, including:
- In-Banner Video
- Vertical Video
- Video Galleries
- Expandable Ads
- Dynamic Weather
THIRD PARTY: Track
- Initial File Load: 200kb
- Host-Initiated Subload: 1mb
- Host-Initiated Video: 1mb
- User-Initiated File Load: 2.2mb
- Video Frame Rate: 30fps
- Video Bitrate: 800kbps
- Audio Bitrate: 128kbps
- Video Duration: 15 secs
- Video Codecs: h264
THIRD PARTY: Serve and Track
HTML5 accepted through 3rd party tags only for banners.
- Initial Load: 200k
- Polite Load: 400k
- HTTP Requests: 15
- Time to Visual Start: 0.8 secs
- Visual Animation Length: 15 secs
- Fallback Image Size: 50k
- Number of Connections: Web-4 | Mobile-3 | Site-served-3
|Web||Mobile Web||Mobile App|
|728x90||300x250 (Snapshots & Flip Cards)|
|970x250||300x480 (Snapshots Only)|
- Sound must be user initiated.
- Video controls must be clearly visible.
- If expandable, there must be a clear close button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Expansion must be user initiated on click or tap.
- Weather.com follows IAB Standards and LEAN Ad Guidelines. Please check our Ad Guidelines for more information.
- Agency-built HTML5 creative must be 3rd party served; HTML5 executions built by our Creative Lab can be Site-Served Direct, or on Programmatic Guaranteed lines and Preferred Deals.
- A clear close button is required in the upper-right corner of any expandable banner.
- Expandable banners may only expand left and down from the Top 300 Ad Slot on Desktop Web, and Full-Screen on Mobile.
- Expandable creative must spawn from the Top 300 position on Desktop Web, and a leave-behind is required.
- All Floating ads are reviewed by Weather’s Compliance team.
- Expandable banners must expand full screen on Mobile App.
- Auto-Expansion, Auto-Sound and Interstitials are not supported on our properties.
- Site-Served Dynamic Creative must be developed by the Creative Lab. Minimum Spend + Timing must adhere to Lab Guidelines.